Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another origami Star

Hello,
I hope you've enjoyed the star tutorial from my past post.  Today I have another kind of star origami to share with you.  These stars were made from straws.  No not the drinking straws! Although drinking straws can also be used to make these stars.  These straws were special made for the stars. The straws were about 3/16" x 18".  Yes, the stars were very small.  Smaller than a dime.  O.K I am going to stop rambling and let's start with the tutorial. I am not going to let you work with those small pieces so I increased the paper size to 1/2".  I know it's still very small.  Bigger pieces than that won't look nice.


                                          Material needed: 3 strips of 1/2 x 12
Step 1: fold one strip in half and unfold to make center line.  The other twos strips are for extension.   
 
 Step 2: fold the bottom half to the right under center line.
 
Step 3: fold top flap down.
 
Step 4: fold right flap over to the left.
 
 Step 5: fold corner in to form a triangle.
 
Step 6: turn the entire piece over to the right. Position like picture below.  The triangle that you've just made should be under.  Repeat step 3, 4, and 5.
 
 After two times, your piece should look like this. Keep repeating  step 3, 4, and 5 until you have seven triangles.  This will create a six points star.  If you want a five points star, just make six triangles.
 
Step 7:  Insert the first triangle into the last triangle.  This will create the star base.

 
Step 8: Wrap the two flaps by going up and down and around the star base.  Extent the paper when needed.
 
 When done, cut off the excess paper diagonally and apply a little glue.
 
So you'll have this.
 
Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs                                                                                                                                            
Helen                                                                                                                                             




2 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

What talent you have!

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Yesterday I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

I posted an incorrect link on June 1, and it took me a couple of days to find your tut.

Would you let me know if it's OK that I included the link?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com