Monday, January 3, 2011

Quilling Snowflakes

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and  the new year will bring lots of happiness and good health.

I made these quilling snowflakes last year. They weren't so nice.  A friend was looking for unique Christmas gifts for her children so I remade these quilling snowflakes  for her. The 1/8" strips made beautiful and elegant snowflakes but the snowflakes were not sturdy.  So I cut 1/4" strips from regular printing papers.   I was surprised how nice they turned out.  Sorry for the poor pictures quality.  There were times it was impossible to take good picture and this was one of that time.







 These quilling snowflakes are not my design.  If you google "quilling snowflakes", there were lots of them for you to choose.  These snowflakes were a little crocked because I didn't use the grid. Somehow I didn't have patient for these snowflakes.  Maybe due to cutting my own paper strips.

It's so great to be back to blogging again.

Have a wonderful day!

Helen

10 comments:

JustNeedling said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

These are beautiful snowflakes. I love snowflakes so doesn't matter how they look they are still pretty.

Patty O'Malley said...

I love these as I love anything to do with snow! Happy New Year!

Ann said...

Happy new year to you. I really like the snowflakes. I haven't tried any of these but they are on my list of things to do :)

sucor said...

Gorgeous snowflakes!

Leanne said...

Happy New Year once again. I just love visiting your blog. Beautiful work as always. When you can, do visit my blog too.

MariLynn said...

Happy New Year Hellen! I love your snowflakes. Each one is so unique. Just like the real ones.

Michelle said...

Happy New Year Helen!!

Nice to have you back online again.

Your snowflakes are stunning! I can't believe the patients you must have to create these incredible work of art.

Michelle :-)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Good to see you back! I love the snowflakes! I have always been fascinated by these beautiful shapes and for years I collected patterns for cut out snowflakes. As always, you have captured the beauty with your quilling skill!

Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Rae said...

Glad you are back! Love the snowflakes! They are all great.

PawwPadd said...

Love the snowflakes! Perhaps this summer you will show me how to quill! My friend Cindy gave me gobs of the supplies because she knows how much I want to do it but, I just haven't attempted it yet! Beautiful work Helen! Thanks for sharing!
See Ya,
Bethann